Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 5- Warsaw, Poland

We visited the Warsaw ghetto musuem first thing this morning, where we saw a moving video on the history of this significant ghetto and explored the exhibits regarding the Uprising. Next, we took a brief bus tour of the city and stopped at the site of the currently under construction Warsaw Jewish history museum and the Warsaw Jewish memorial. We spent some time in Chopin's gardens and the Polish King's summer residence and gardens, which were surrounded by ducks gallore (and some random peacocks too!). Time was given in the afternoon to explore downtown Warsaw, which was gearing up for their big soccer game tonight against Portugal. Ben N., Robbie and Eddie were disappointed that they couldn't get tickets to the game, and will have to settle with watching it on tv. We had dinner back at the hotel and an early curfew is quickly approaching, as we are leaving for Krakow at 7:15 (with a stop at Auschwitz on the way). As of this point, we are officially half way done the trip! Time is flying by!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone is having a great time. I'm very happy for all of you. Did you get to dress up as students from Hogwarts?? Can't wait to see more pictures. Love you Dani and my second daughter Shannan!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter glasses were definitely Worn, but no costumes :(
      I passed on your hug to both of them!

      Delete
  2. That's too bad the boys couldn't get tickets! And I heard that Robbie has major street-cred haggling skills, too...! Vermont hugs to Alex (and to anyone else who might be a little homesick, including the chaperones...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up the weather in Krakow and it said partly cloudy and currently 45 degrees; that sounds perfect. It's been snowing all morning here and is fairly brisk out; it has been brisk for the last few days, actually. I hope you realize how lucky you are to be travelling at this time of year and to have such amazing weather!!

    I miss you Abbey- I haven't spoken with you since last Saturday (so weird!) but I assume you're doing well! Everyone ask about you and they all talk about how this is a trip of a life time. We are all so happy for you (and for everyone there).

    Travel safe and have a great day!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori- Abbey wrote you a message (she lost her phone card), but it got deleted due to a bad Internet connection unfortunately. All is well and she's happy and healthy!

      Delete