Thursday, March 1, 2012
Sarah Simpson's thoughts
Today was probably one of the most emotional days I have had in a very long time. Visiting Auschwitz today made me realize how much I have, how much freedom I have. Today seeing the camps, hearing what the people went through, has truly touched me. It has made me take a few steps back and think about my life. Any little comment I may have made, or gesture I did, was far from necessary. All of the students today were complaining about the cold weather, or there shoes were wet, not realizing what they have. I am guilty of this as well. I have thought a lot about my actions, and my way of life. I am very lucky for what I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarah- my internet was down all day yesterday and most of the day before, due to snow; Vermont weather you know. Anyway, I wanted to say how nice it was for you to post about your day; I'm sure your parents were very proud to see how moved you were by what you experienced. I'm sure it was a tough day for all. Thank you so much for reminding me of what we all need to remember- I too have a lot to be thankful for :)
ReplyDelete