Thursday, March 1, 2012
Day 6- Krakow, Poland
I am going to keep this brief tonight because I will have a few guest authors tonight. We left Warsaw very early this morning and had a 5+ hour bus ride to Auschwitz. It was a powerful afternoon to say the least, but I think the kids can express themselves better then I can.
After Auschwitz, we drove down to Krakow (in pea soup fog and sprinkles) and were dropped off in the city center for a great dinner (Happy Birthday Emily Brown!) consisting of a mushroom soup and a pirogue sampler. Due to a miscommunication (one would think the football players would have their coach's back!), we lost Mr. Nolan for a little while but thanks to his quick thinking we relocated him after dinner. The incident provided some much needed comic relief to the day!
On the bus, we watched Schindler's List and in a very fitting moment, we pulled up to Schindler's Krakow enamelware factory just as the credits were rolling. All in all, a very powerful day!
Wifi is a bit spotty at our new hotel (and students are in bunk beds!)- Abbey attempted to put up a post for her mom and dad, but the slow Internet deleted it on me before it could load.
Tomorrow we will see Krakow, do some shopping, and then go to the world famous salt mines about a half hour from here. Everyone is missed very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Abbey, Sorry we missed your calls...we were at your nana and papa's picking up Nick. We really miss you and hope your trip is EPIC. I have invented a new text face. ::::) It is a Cpt. Jack Sparrow, King of the Cannibals, pirate face. Love you, Dad.
ReplyDeletePS. Say Hi to all your friends and thank emily for the use of her phone. We are dining with Mark and Peggy at 5-7pm tonight so call later, if you can.